I’m not sure where to put this but I have a question about Business Associates (BAs).

Dex

Can I get in trouble if my BA told me they are HIPAA compliant but they actually aren’t?

Last edited:

petronella

Administrator
Staff member
Absolutely! You should always make sure business associates (BA's) can show proof of compliance with a signed Business Associate Agreement, a security risk assessment and a penetration test.

joanapalmer

The differences between web developers and app developers from mlsdev.com/services/mobile-app-development has a lot to do with what they are trying to develop and how they work. Web developers are primarily concerned with web applications and websites that run on various web browsers, while app developers are mostly concerned with computer programs for mobile and desktop devices. However, there are some web developers who are specialized in a certain area of expertise, such as web design, web programming, or app development. If you want your site to be noticed online and draw attention to it, hiring a web developer makes sense. If, on the other hand, you just need a simple website that serves some basic functions, then hiring a web app developer makes more sense.

Last edited:

PatrickSmithUS

If you want your site to be noticed online and draw attention to it, hiring a web developer makes sense. If, on the other hand, you just need a simple website that serves some basic functions, then hiring a web app developer makes more sense.
I'm not sure this actually answers the original question.

The most important thing is getting the third party to complete a BAA to confirm that they are HIPAA compliant. If they are not then the responsibility for any breach will be on them. However, it would be wiser to make certain that they they have a reputation for HIPAA compliance as it will be of no consolation to your clients if you tell them that you have a piece of paper in the vent of a HIPAA breach impacting their PHI.

$900 Gets You HIPAA Security + 23-Point SEO Checkup - Learn More